AV Needs

April 8, 2013 in Uncategorized

Somewhere between responding to emails, reading amazing Day of DH posts, and eating dinner (while watching last night’s Game of Thrones), I managed to finished editing and revising my Prezi from this week’s Renaissance Society of America.

I enjoy using visual aids at conferences, but as a lover of aesthetically pleasing designs I tend to spend a lot of time preparing my slides. For today’s purpose, especially, I need the slides to represent my talk in free-form, yet understandable bullet-points. With Prezi in particular a lot of time goes into deciding where your slides will go, how they look independently and in relation to one another, and how they present in full screen. I love Prezi, but I worry that it often requires more time than I have to dedicate to it. For my next conference I will be trying out Slide Klowd, which is fully interactive and allows users to respond to the presentation by texting or going online. Lots of great potential for an exciting conversation—or a very distracting presentation, depending on who you ask.

There’s always the danger, too, that I will attempt to mine some of this for another conference paper or an article, and that posting the presentation online makes that difficult, if not pointless. But I’m all for generating conversations, and I love feedback. With that in mind: if you’re interested, you can find my Prezi here: http://bit.ly/16yZ8EO. I’d love to hear your thoughts on your favorite databases or digital projects, and why you believe their interface is particularly helpful or frustrating.

Skip to toolbar