Jesuit Libraries Project, Meeting 2

April 8, 2013 in Uncategorized

photo (5)

University Archivist Kathy Young and Undergraduate Intern (and digital imaging expert!) Evan Thompson

Jess and I met early to talk about her work on the Loyola Library catalogue because she had an appointment.  At 4 pm, I joined undergraduate intern Evan Thompson and University Archivist Kathy Young to talk about his work on the project.  (Undergraduate Michael Greene was also supposed to join us, but he emailed some excuse about having to finish a paper. I gave him a pass for the week).

Evan has just finished up using the archive’s ATIZ scanner to make digital images of the catalogue.  He did a really great job, too.  Next step: publishing the catalogue on Loyola’s CONTENTdm site.  We talked about the ins and outs of digital publication and started to come up with a plan to implement before the end of the semester.

The Archives has far more content related to the history of the university that has not yet been scanned yet.  Our hope is to undertake more of this work over the summer and the coming year, in preparation for the Bicentennial of the Restoration exhibition and conference.

photo (6)

Ashley Howdeshell tracks the Archive’s Twitter Feed

On the other side of the room, Ashley Howdeshell updated the Archives Twitter feed. She shared that she had been actively following my colleague Steven Jones and I throughout the day!

I also want to give a shout out to Loyola English PhD Douglas Guerra who has worked extensively with digitizing and Loyola’s Center for Textual Studies and Digital Humanities (CTSDH) who will be starting a tenure track job at SUNY Oswego as an Assistant Professor of Literature and Technology.  They are lucky to have snapped Doug up!

Skip to toolbar